Thursday, November 7, 2013

Well Ain't That the Berries...

My tiny hobbit is one of those people who immediately upon exiting slumber will pop up and be ready to tackle the day. Full steam ahead. Rise and shine and ready to GO GO GO. She's a morning person. She wakes up happy, joyful, snuggling and ready for the day's adventure.

Unfortunately my husband and I are NOT morning people. Nope, not even a little. We're anti morning people. It takes copious amount of coffee, grumbling and staring in to space to equip me to face the day. So we're a bit mismatched and I realized that we're missing out on some prime time together since it takes me so long to wake up and engage. I sit like a troll guzzling coffee while my sweet girl dances, skips and sings circles around me.

So I've decided to train myself to be a morning person. Is that even possible? I guess I'll find out. But if I could get up BEFORE my sweet hobbit and spend my "waking up time" (i.e guzzling coffee, trolling the internet and prayer and study) then when Reggie wakes up I'll be able to engage with her in a more productive and festive manner. Well that's the goal at least. I attempted it this morning but as soon as my sweet girl heard that coffee pot click on she was wide awake....at 5am. I've tried to be more intentional about interacting with her this morning. It's been fun. Right now she is climbing Daddy mountain so I thought I would type out these thoughts before they flitted from my brain entirely. That happens quite often actually....

0 comments :

Post a Comment