Monday, December 30, 2013

Crafty Goals 2014

The other day I shared with you some of my general goals and plans for next year and today I thought I would share with you some of my creative and crafty goals and plans for 2014! I always get super excited about these.

* Pinterest project with M. My best friend and I have a couple joint Pinterest boards that we share mostly inspiration for sewing for our girls, knitting projects and nature tables. The clothing inspiration for our girls is the big one. The Fall/Winter inspiration board alone has 240 pins! We've decided that instead of just collection ideas we're going to start putting those ideas into use and making stuff. Making stuff is my favorite thing to do anyways. Each month we're going to pick one pin from one of our clothing boards and jointly recreate the outfit. Since neither of our girls actually needs any clothes we'll alternate who gets that months outfit. We're actually pretty geeked about this so of course I will show you what we make here on the blog.

*Personal sewing. This is another joint idea with M. We like to motivate each other....and also fuel and encourage any and all grandiose ideas and intentions. We've decided that once a month we're going to make ourselves something to wear.

*Improve my photography! Thanks to Snap Academy this won't be impossible!

*Get caught up on Reagan's scrapbooks. This is a legacy that I've had on my heart to leave her so I need to really get crackin' on it. The only way I'm going to make it happen is to purposefully set aside time each month to work on them. My plan has been to make one for each year of her life. I take A LOT of pictures. My husband is able to write such beautiful and heartfelt letters to her for when she grows up. She will be able to tell his character and feel his love just by reading his letters but when I tried that it didn't work out so well. It wasn't really my style however I feel I can express myself better through pictures, journaling and creativity.

* Improve hand sewing and embroidery stitches. This is something I want to be good at but I'm not....and so far I've not be motivated to get better but  hopefully that will change in 2014.

*Knit and crochet more. With the goal of improving, building confidence in these skills and actually finishing a project or two. Also to justify the amount of hand painted yarn I own....

*Get the Sewing Pit of Doom cleaned and organized AND maintain it. I'm currently up to my elbow in this project. I've pulled all 6 million and 42 yards of fabric out of the fabric closet so I can refold, purge and organize it. And by "I" what I mean is *I* bribed a couple teenage girls to haul all 6 million and 42 yards of fabric out of the closet. The shelves where started to collapse so I got some zip ties to reinforce them. This is a huge project that's going to take some time to be completely finished...time I'd rather be using to make more stuff but alas...no creating until it's finished.

*Decorate Reggie's bedroom. I need to make some wall art, throw pillows and a quilt.

So those are my goals for 2014 which really means my giant To-List! What are you hoping to accomplish this year?

I'll be back tomorrow to share my spiritual goals for the coming year. See you soon!

4 comments :